Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Week 3 Storytelling: The Demon and Her Guard Dog

(Image from: Moira Fee)

"The Demon and Her Guard Dog"

Warning: There is strong language twice. If this bothers you, read my previous story.

"I'm a what?" I asked the strange man that stood in front of me.

He had flowing locks of wavy black hair, and was clad in all black. He had twisted horns protruding from his head that matched the same ones on my head. Something I didn't even know I had until moments ago.

He smiled slyly, revealing a set of sharp teeth, sharp like mine.

"You're a Rakshasa," he said. "Which is basically like a vampire and a demon had a baby and, well, that made you. But, we are our own race apart from those lesser creatures."

My head was spinning. I was just trying to figure out that I was some kind of demon, and now there's not just creatures like me, but also demons and vampires? "What else is there, witches, werewolves, shapeshifters?"

He glanced at Colt and he smiled a crooked little smile that I didn't trust or like one bit. "And lion, tigers, and bears, oh my!"

I turned to Colt, who was brushing his messy bottle-dyed black hair back. He looked like he was on the edge, deciding if he was going to run like hell away from me, or not.

"Well, I'll be off," the man said and turned on his heel.

"Wait, what do you mean? I don't even know how to handle this! I don't even know your name!"

"It's Lucien," he replied cooly, before turning around."I'll return when I am once again needed. Besides, I think that you have more than enough company."

And with that he was gone.

"What the..." Cold said.

"FUCK!" I screamed, and all of my frustrations and confusions turned into screams.

He held his head in his hands. "So, you're a...a..."

"Demon..." I whispered.

He backed away from me.

"No, Colt, please!" I pleased. "Not now. I can't handle you leaving me, I need you here with me!"

"I can't handle this," he said, looking down. "I'm sorry. But...I loved you as a human, Bullet. Now that you're a demon? I need to figure this out."

I screamed as he ran away, but he was right. And besides, he knew where I'd be.

I punched the wall so hard that it broke the skin on my knuckles. I cried out in pain, pulling my first away from the bricks, to see blood dripping down. The wound wasn't healing. So I didn't have some kind of supernatural healing. That was disappointing.

"Wot is that lovely smell?" I heard an unfamiliar voice say in a cockney accent.

Suddenly from the shadows appeared a girl. She had shoulder-length bright red hair, smokey eye-makeup on, and red lipstick, and pale, pale skin.

Before I could react she was suddenly in front of me, her finger under my chin, lifting my eyes to hers. Her eyes were as bright red as her hair and her lips.

"'Ello poppet," she whispered. "Aren't you a lovely creature?"

"I don't know what you mean," I said and my heart hammered against my chest.

She leaned into my neck and inhaled deeply. "You're no human are you? I smell something far sweeter in your blood."

"Get away from me!" I said, and it came out like an inhuman roar, but as I pushed her away, she didn't budge.

She hissed And I felt tiny pin pricks on my neck. She was a vampire.

I tried to push her off, and suddenly I felt my fingers blaze with fire as I grasped her upper arms and pushed her.

She recoiled back, and looked at the hand-shaped burn marks on her arms. Her nails extended into claws and she lunged at me, claws first. She ripped my clothing to shreds, and scratched my skin in thin, bleeding lines.

I fell back against the wall and she leaned into my neck.

I heard a growl and a bark behind me and suddenly a Siberian husky appeared, and leapt on the back of the vampire. The vampire fell down, with the dog on top of her.

The dog held the vampire down and I held my hands out shouting, "Fire!"

Once again my hands blazed with flames and they shot out at the vampire. The dog jumped off as the vampire cried out, was engulfed in flames, and turned into ash.

The dog looked up at me with bright blue eyes.

(Image from: Karl

The dog's bones moved and his skin rippled, and suddenly turned into Colt. He was kneeling and naked on the ground.

"What the..." I whispered.

"Fuck," he said.

"Meet your literal guard dog," Lucien's voice said. His voice seemed to be coming from my head like thoughts. I turned around, but I didn't see Lucien anywhere.

Author's Note:
This is actually a continuation of three stories that I have written with Colt and Bullet. If you want to read about how Bullet found out she's a Rakshasa, read, "I Got Your Heart and You Got Bullet Holes." And, if you want to read about Colt and Bullet's relationship read, "Colt Collides with Bullet."

I continued my writing about Rakshasa (which are a reoccurring creature in the Ramayana PDE, and my favorite creature in Ramayana. Additionally, when reading Part C and D, I encountered many animals. These animals could talk, so it got me thinking about shapeshifters. So, I made Colt a shapeshifter! In here he turns into a dog, it's possible he can turn into other animals.

This story had to be cut short due to the word count, so if you have any questions, I am happy to answer them!

If this your first time reading about Colt and Bullet, what do you think about them? You might see Colt and Bullet again in even more stories, because I REALLY like them.

7 comments:

  1. Lore,

    I felt like I had to read your other stories so I could get the most out of this one. You've done a fantastic job creating a unique world from the Ramayana. Shape shifters are a great twist on all of the talking animal characters. I also like how you are incorporating some of the more traditional demon elements into the Rakshasa. The world building is the best out of any of the other stories I have read so far, in my opinion you are leaving just enough to the readers imagination to keep the coming back for more of your writing. I also want to say that your pictures are perfectly matched, not just random images from the Ramayana pulled off of google images like many of mine are. I look forward to reading more of your writing, you've created some great characters, and done great work so far.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lore,

    I really enjoyed your continuation from last week’s story of Bullet transforming into a Rakshasi. My favorite part was when Colt was actually a shape shifter who could be a dog. I still really enjoy that amount of dialogue that your implement into your stories. It really adds character to Bullet and Colt. Furthermore, your diction describing what occurs is amazing. For example, I loved how you explained Colt turning from a dog to a human again. Overall, this story was great and I am excited to hear what happens next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Lore!
    I am really falling for this love story between Colt and Bullet.

    The white letters on black background is very easy on the eyes, and the red for each linked section fits right it with the black and white. It also makes it much easier to read when you have very broken up paragraphs, with space in between, which I feel you did wonderfully. I love the picture of the blue eyed dog (aka Colt); it ties right in with the story, and gives perfect sight guidance for the reader. Honestly, as soon as I started reading your story, I was so drawn in that I am not sure if I blinked until I was done.
    The only teeny tiny thing I noticed was 5 or 6 misspelled words that sometimes tripped me up while reading; nothing big! As I'm sure you know, there are SO MANY unanswered questions in this story, which makes it such a cliffhanger. I hope to read more from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really interesting story. I love the stories with monologue because it makes me fell like I am right there in it with the characters. You are very good at vividly describing what the characters are doing and what they look like. And they were scary. I look forward to reading more of your stuff throughout the semester. Very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lore!
    I was drawn to read your story based on a comment you left on another students writings in our class. I am glad I stopped by to check out your blog. I like your story telling style. The blog page is lending a vibe to your work.

    I am not familiar with the stories you are drawing from, or your other stories you have written so far. I hope I will have the time to look at them this semester.
    The characters you have created are very likeable and your style of writing makes the length of the story flow well and not feel overwhelmed. Also, I love the disclaimer about the language. I may need to use that idea for future ideas. I try to keep things tame, but sometimes the story really calls for more!

    The only thing that I noticed while reading that could help is if you go up six lines from the end, the last sentence I think you meant to say thin, not thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Lore!

    I am really happy that I chose to read your blog! The colors really set the mood for reading intense stories. Even your word choices are enhanced by the mood that is established by your blog layout!

    I think your writing style has been one of the easiest to read. The spacing makes it feel like you're getting the build up and depth of a long story, but it doesn't take very long to read. I enjoy and appreciate that.

    Not only does the blog itself contribute to your storytelling, but the images that you pair with your stories benefit them as well. They enhance the imagery that I have in my head while reading.

    You're doing a good job and I look forward to reading more of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of your stories that I've read so far, this one's my favorite. All of the references to books, folklore, and movies are fun, and the twist where Colt can't deal with Bullet being another creature but then turns out to be a shapeshifter (?) himself is great. It will be interesting to see how their story progresses!

    ReplyDelete