Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Favorite Place: Anime Conventions

Anime conventions are my favorite places to go to! Fortunately I get to go to four conventions a year with my boyfriend, David. We go to Tokyo in Tulsa, Izumicon, Anime Fest, and A-kon. We also go to events held by the conventions like the Tokyo in Tulsa Christmas Party (which was the last event I went to) and a Cosplay Prom.

My Boyfriend and I at the Anime Fest Anime Convention.
I love anime conventions because I get to cosplay, meet new friends (and see friends I don't always get to,) and because I can buy a bunch of anime merchandise!

Cosplay means: costume+play. It's more than wearing a costume like you would on Halloween, you actually act (or "play") as the character that you are dressed up as. My favorite cosplay is as Erza from the anime Fairy Tail. It's my favorite because my boyfriend dresses up as Jellal, who is that character's boyfriend with me, so we do a "couple's cosplay"!

My boyfriend and I doing a couple's cosplay at the Tokyo in Tulsa Christmas Party.
I also love dressing up as Erza from Fairy Tail, because I have over 30 friends that I see at conventions who also dress up from Fairy Tail. That's including my best friend, Julie, who lives in Tulsa. She cosplays as Lucy from Fairy Tail.

My friends and I at the Tokyo in Tulsa Christmas Party. My boyfriend and I are on the lower right hand corner.
I get to see Julie, and most of those friends at Tokyo in Tulsa, which is one of the reasons why that is my favorite convention that we go to.

My boyfriend, David, my best friend, Julie, and I at the Tokyo in Tulsa Christmas Party! (Our friend Deanna photobombed us.) 
I also love going to Tokyo in Tulsa because it is a smaller convention, so it has more of a community and family feel to it.

All my friends at Tokyo in Tulsa. Image taken by: Destroyer X Productions
The next event I'm going to is the Cosplay Prom in April, and then A-Kon in June, and I literally cannot wait to go back to my favorite place!



2 comments:

  1. I knew you would have fun pictures to share... Tokyo in Tulsa Christmas Party! You and your boyfriend look so cute! I wonder if they have cosplay in India...? I have to Google and see. YES!!! Cosplay in India :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was our first time going to the Christmas Party and, well, as you can probably tell we had so much fun!

      Yes, I looked it up and apparently there is even a Comic Con in India! I had no idea cosplay and conventions were worldwide! (Awesome!)

      Delete