Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 1: Famous Last Words

My writing:
I was so happy with my story that I wrote this week! It wasn't an Urban Fantasy or a Fantasy, which was different for me. But, I had a lot of fun writing it. In particular I love the characters, Colt and Bullet, which I created just for that story. I like them so much that I may put them in other stories. I also liked the concept of them being only 16 or 17 but living in an alleyway. I haven't yet fleshed out how they came to be living in an alleyway, but if I use them in future stories I can figure that out. I may even be able to use a story as an origin/backstory for them.

Other people's writing:
The stories that I read were quite concise and easy to read. Sometimes I write my stories too long, or they end up too wordy. It's a nice reminder to pay attention to that when I am writing my stories, and when I'm editing them.

My other classes:
This semester is off to a great start! The only unfortunate (?) thing is that every class has a lot of reading. I am taking:  The World of Dante (we read 4 books by Dante Alighieri,) The 19th Century Novel: Victorian Novels (we read 8 books,) PW Reading (we read 10 books,) Mass. Comm. Law (the lightest load, only small readings twice a week,) and this class (which has a lot of reading.)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to read. I am just a bit overwhelmed, and trying to figure out how to balance reading all of those books. The good thing is that, as I said, I love to read, and I am excited to be reading all of those books! I've always wanted to read Dante's works, and in the Victorian Monsters we get to read: Dracula, Frankenstein, Wuthering Heights, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Heart of Darkness, and The Sign of Four! I have only read Frankenstein and the Heart of Darkness, but it's been a while.

So I am excited about all of the reading that I will do this semester! Here's to a great (and my last) semester filled with much reading!

Outside of school:
Something I've been doing too much of...
(Image from: source)

No comments:

Post a Comment