Thursday, January 21, 2016

Storybook Favorites

1. Indian Horror Story
I chose this because I like horror, and I thought the play on words with the title was cleaver. (Instead of American Horror Story, the name of a great TV show, it's Indian Horror Story.)

I was not disappointed when I looked inside. This Storybook had compelling, well-written, and downright creepy stories.

My only criticism is that I think the design could have looked creepier, perhaps with a black and white or black and red theme. I also think there could have been creepier pictures, and more of them.

2. CSI Indian Epics
Again, the name of this Storybook caught my attention. I also liked the graphic that was on the introduction page of this Storybook.

(Image from CSI: Indian Epics)

The stories were interesting and clever, and I liked how they took the Indian Epics and turned it into a  crime show.  I loved the formatting of the book, how it looked like an actual police report, and being that way it was written in a simple, clean, and straightforward manner.

I honestly don't have any criticisms aside from different images. I think adding some crime scene tape graphics, or the image of an outline of a body traced by chalk on the ground would have been a nice touch.

3. How I Met Your Mother
Surprise, surprise, I picked this one because of the title and the clever concept. Like the Indian Horror Story, it created a mesh of an American TV show with Indan Epics, which I think is very creative.

My criticism with this is that the pictures could have been better. I don't think they particularly reflected the show that the Storybook is based on. Like, I think it would have been better if the images were more modern depictions of the Gods/Goddesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment