Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 2: Famous Last Words

My Reading: 
This week I haven't had much to sit and read (the materials for any of my classes, and ALL of my classes require reading!)

What I Read This Week: 
-Ramayana (for this class)
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (for 19th Century Novel)
-The Girl on the Train by: Paula Hawkins (for Professional Writing Reading Practicum)
-The Inferno by: Dante Alighieri (for The World of Dante)

As I said, I didn't have much time to actually sit down and read them, so I listed to all of these via my Kindle which has a Text to Speech feature! It made my life so much easier. It goes free with kindle books, so I don't have to buy the actual book and the audio book. I'll probably be doing that a lot this semester due to the immense amount of stuff I have to read.

My Writing: 
I was really proud of my story from this week. I love having the opportunity to write short stories in this class, and to take a break from the novel that I'm writing with these short stories.

Other People's Writing:
A good reminder to vary paragraph lengths!

Outside of School:
I've been focusing on my health via back to healthy eating and exercising almost every day! I guess the suggestion is 30 minutes, 5 days a week. Additionally I've been trying to drink a good amount of water. I think that health (dietary and fitness) ties in well with education. I think a healthy body fascinates a healthy mind, and therefore wakes up the brain, allowing for creativity and knowledge!

If only health were as easy as pushing a button...
(Image from: GotCredit)

1 comment:

  1. Hello again, Lore!

    I have really enjoyed your posts so far, and I thought that taking a look at some of your Famous Last Words posts to get more of a sense of who you are. I really enjoyed reading it! You were reading a couple of my favorites (I love Wuthering Heights in particular) at that point, and I really hope you enjoyed them. It looks like you probably had a pretty text driven class schedule this semester, and I hope you got to read a ton of good literature!

    ReplyDelete