Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 1: Growth Mindset

I have heard of Carol Dweck and growth mindset from taking Laura's Mythology and Folklore class in Fall 2015.

I am a perfectionist, so I think that I am very much on the spectrum of growth-fixed mindset in my school work, professional life, and in my hobbies. I am always trying to improve and to be the best that I can possibly be.

This is especially true when it comes to writing. I am a professional writing major and I write novels. I am always trying to be the best author and write the best book. I am constantly pushing my limits and striving to improve.

(Image from: GrowthMindsetMemes)

I have a lot of reading this semester in all my classes, so my goals are to try to take the time to get as much as I can out of what I read. Sometimes I rush reading materials and I do not experience it to its fullest. So I'm going to try to improve my reading. Additionally, I want to write the best stories that I can for the Storytelling posts and my Storybook project.

I look forward to applying the growth mindset to the work in this class, other classes, and in my life outside of school!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lore, the first thing I noticed about your Growth mindset post was that you also used a cat meme. I use a lot of funny cat pictures in my posts as well so it definitely kept my attention. I admire that you are always striving to become better in different aspects of your life. I sometimes need to figure out how to stay motivated on the tasks at hand.

    ReplyDelete